Saving Suggestion #2, Play Monopoly at your local Jewel-Osco
Our local grocery store is marketing a Monopoly game. From February 8th – May 9th this year.
I’ve been playing this for the last few years, but this is the first time I’ve sat down and wrote about it.
Here are the Instant Winner items I’ve been able to score so far.
- ( 2 ) Box Top Bonus
- ( 6 ) One 100 Count Bottle Signature Care Aspirin 325mg
- ( 3 ) One 8 Count Package Safeway or Signature Kitchen Hot Dog Buns
- ( 18 ) One Fresh Donut of Bagel
- ( 5 ) One 26 oz container Signature Salt Iodized
- ( 1 ) One 1.08-2.13 oz single bar 3 Musketeers, Twix, Snickers, Dove, M&Ms, Milky Way, or Mars
- ( 4 ) One 10 oz container Signature Cafe Topped humus
- ( 1 ) One 32 oz container Lucerne Half and Half
- ( 3 ) One Fresh French Bread Loaf
- ( 1 ) One 8 oz Brick Lucerne Cream Cheese
- ( 1 ) One 10 Count Package Signature Kitchens Homestyle Waffles
- ( 2 ) One 15.25 oz Can Signature Kitchens Whole Kernal Corn
- ( 3 ) One Has Large Avocado
- ( 1 ) One 13.3 oz Package Ferrero Rocher Candy Chocolate
- ( 3 ) One 25 Square feet Signature Home Aluminum Foil
- ( 2 ) One 1lb or Less Bunch of Bananas
- ( 1 ) One 5.3 oz Container Open Nature Greek Yogurt
- ( 1 ) One 16 oz Container Signature Cafe Salsa Fresca
- ( 1 ) One American Greetings Card
- ( 1 ) One 8 oz Container Lucerne Sour Cream
- ( 2 ) One 16 oz Package Safeway or Signature Kitchens Pasta
- ( 1 ) One 4.4 oz Package Open Nature Water Crackers
Financial experts often mention how to reduce expense and save money. In fact the book “The Millionaire Next Door” talks about saving your way to millions.
It’s not about how much money you make, it’s about how much money you can hold on to. I think about this when I’m playing Monopoly at my local Jewel-Osco.
The way I figure, its money I that doesn’t come out of my pocket. Whether I need the items or not is another story. We are a family of three so I think we will eventually use these coupons. If not, then I’ll donate them.
So for all those looking to reduce your grocery expenses. I’d suggest you look for games and offers like this. You may only use a few of the coupons, but once again its how much you can hold on to that counts.
I think the marketers did a pretty good job at identifying items. How can you go wrong with things like bread, bagels, donuts, salt or sour cream. I think these are pretty safe items that everyone uses.
After several weeks of collecting these I’m also wondering just how many free aspirin or salt I need. I may end up just sharing the multiples.
This is yet another example of how to reduce your expenses. If you are looking to reduce your grocery expenses. I suggests taking advantage of these offers while you can.
Looking for Savings Suggestion #1??
Looking for more savings ideas? Sign up for our newsletter. I look forward to hearing from you.
Please comment and share below.