Hello and welcome to my 2017 year-end review.
Disclaimer: I do not work for Jewel-Osco, its affiliates or vendors, all opinions and statistics are of my own and meant for your entertainment only. I’m not compensated directly from Jewel-Osco. This article is not meant to represent any official communication from Jewel-Osco. The free items mentioned are available to anyone who clips the coupons in their MyMixx account.
The total for this year is approximate. Meaning I’ve done my best to record each transaction and to redeem each item that was offered through my MyMixx account the entire year of 2017.
I’ve attempted to account for all the “Get 1 Free” items as discussed below.
Saturday Morning Sampler Email
Jewel-Osco sends out an email early in the morning on Saturday. The items listed in the email are the items I redeemed and where the calculations for this year come from.
There have been several occasions where items were NOT listed in the email but were included in the MyMixx account that redeemable. Here are some examples:
- Back in May of 2017, Mom to Mom diapers were offered under the MyMixx account, but were NOT in the email sent in the Saturday Morning Sampler. The diapers were $6.99 so nothing to shake a stick at. Although I didn’t need diapers, I purchased them anyway. I figured if anything else I could donate them.
- Soft Baked Teddy’s are another example, these were not in the email but were also offered in the MyMixx account.
Here is an example of one of their emails.
Get 1 FREE
I’ve attempted to record all the totally free items. The Saturday Morning Sampler is often times “Get 1 Free” and this is what my focus was in 2017. There were a few times where the item was essentially free with a coupon. I had a few people point out that the price of an item was $1.00 and you could clip a coupon for a $1.00 and essentially get the item for free. In this transaction you’d be paying sales tax so the item was not entirely free, but still worth purchasing, even if you pay the $.01 in sales tax.
My focus was the “Get 1 Free” found in the email and in the MyMixx account. See image above.
Several emails Jewel-Osco offered (BOGO) Buy-One-Get-One items as part of the Saturday Morning Sampler. I did NOT purchase these or include these items in the totals for the year. Once again my focus was on the totally free items. Here is an example of their BOGO emails.
This was a new project for me in 2017 so there was a little bit of a learning curve. For starters, I found that when checking out, it is best to separate the MyMixx Free items from the rest of your groceries. I’d recommend, placing the free items first, giving the cashier your number for your MyMixx account, close out that transaction and then continue with the rest of your order on a separate receipt.
At least for my purposes, it is much easier to go back and total everything up. Since I was planning on saving all my receipts for this article, this made my life easier. It took me a few months to figure this out. Several of my receipts have additional groceries items on them.
I also found that when issues arrived at the registers it was much more difficult to sort through the receipt when additional items are listed on the receipt. So note to self, keep the MyMixx items separate when checking out at the registers.
You may not be worried about adding it all up, at the end of the year as I am, so this may not apply to you. I’m just writing down my thoughts for the year.
Another note to self, remember to save all your packaging for your year-end review. There were several items that I forgot to save the packaging. One item was the Enlightened Ice cream. Since this is not something i would eat in one sitting, that meant it stayed in the freezer for several weeks before it was finished. That made it harder to remember to save it.
Maybe I’ll put a note on the item before I put it in the freezer so I remember to save the box.
Get 1 FREE 2017 List
Here is the final list according to my experience. I calculated 80 items that were totally free with the MyMixx Coupons for a total value of $206.58. The dollar amount is slightly off because of sale items, and taxes. There were a few times I calculated the sale prices rather than the full retail price of the item.
@jewelosco, did I miss anything?
- Hershey’s Cookie Layer Crunch Bar – January $1.00
- Annie’s® Organic Whole Milk Yogurt – January $3.29
- Health Warrior Chia Bar – January $1.00
- CHOBANI Drink – January $2.00
- Very Berry CheeriosTM Cereal – January $3.99
- Evolution Fresh® Green Juices – January $2.79
- Chobani® Drink – February $2.00
- MALTESERS® Single Bar – February $1.00
- Noosa Yoghurt – February $2.00
- Starbucks® Black Iced Coffee – February $1.99
- Cinnamon PebblesTM Cereal – March $3.49
- Yoplait® Dippers or Custard – March $1.67
- Milka OREO Chocolate Candy Bar – March $1.00
- Ling Ling Frozen Frided Rice $6.99
- Chobani FlipTM – March $1.50
- BODYARMOR Sports Drink – March $1.99
- Starbucks® Black Iced Coffee Sweetened or Unsweetened – March $1.99
- Simply Doritos® Organic White Cheddar or Simply Cheetos® Puffs White Cheddar Jalapeno – March $3.99
- Fruzinga® Probiotic Drinkable Yogurt – April $1.49
- Lay’s® Poppables – April $3.29
- Izze FusionsTM – April $1.49
- Lemon LemonTM Sparkling Lemonade – April $1.49
- 1893TM from the makers of PEPSI-COLA® – April $1.49
- ZICO® Coconut Water – April $2.99
- VOSSTM Water – May $1.99
- ODWALLA® Almondmilk Shake – May $2.00
- RXBAR® – May $2.00
- Zico® Coconut Water – June $2.99
- Zico® Chilled Coconut Water $2.00
- Kraft Trios $1.79
- Philadelphia Bagel Chips & Dips $2.49
- Chloe’sTM Pops – May $2.50
- GIVN Water® – June $1.25
- Evolution Fresh® Coolers Juices – May $2.50
- Protein2o® – May $1.79
- Sparkling Ice – May $1.39
- Chloe’s Pops – July $2.50
- M&M’s® Caramel – July $1.00
- STUBBORN SODA® – July $1.50
- LALA® Drinkable Yogurt Smoothie – July $3.79
- Tai Pei® Single Serve Entrees – July $2.99
- NatureSweet® SunBurstsTM Tomatoes – July $3.59
- INVO Pure Coconut Water – July $3.49
- Garden Fresh Gourmet® Salsa – July $4.99
- Voss Water – July $1.99
- Melona Ice Cream Bars – July $3.99
- Bolthouse Farms® Organic Dressing – July $4.49
- goodnessknows® – July $1.59
- Shamrock Farms® Rockin’ Refuel Protein Milk Beverage – July $1.99
- ENLIGHTENED Ice Cream Pints or Novelties – July $4.99
- OuiTM by Yoplait® – August $1.49
- Phil’s Non-GMO Cage Free Egg Whites – August $3.99
- Coco Community Organic Coconut Water – August $2.99
- Fiber OneTM Bars and Sweet Treats – August $3.79
- Open Nature® Greek Yogurt – August $1.00
- ZICO® Coconut Water – September $2.99
- Madrinas Coffee® – September $2.00
- Yoplait® Mix-Ins – September $1.00
- Hoist® Rapid Hydration Beverage – September $1.79
- Stubborn Soda® – September $1.99
- Noosa® Yoghurt Noosa Mates – September $2.29
- SunnyD® – September $1.49
- Avitae® Caffeine + Water – September $1.49
- Nissin® Cup Noodles® Very Veggie Chicken, Spicy Chicken or Beef – October $1.00
- Nestea – October $2.99
- SPLENDA® Naturals – October $3.99
- La Colombe Draft Latte – October $2.79
- Señor Rico’s Single Serve Pudding or Flan – October $1.25
- Chocolate Peanut Butter CheeriosTM – October $4.49
- Java Monster – November $2.99
- Odwalla Spiced Pumpkin or Apple Caramel Cider – November $2.79
- Arla® Cream Cheese – November $2.99
- FORTO Coffee Energy Shot – November $2.99
- Odwalla Chai Vanilla or Mango Protein – November $2.79
- UNCLE BEN’S® Flavor Infusions – November $3.49
- Voss Water – December $1.99
- Chobani Smooth Non-Greek Yogurt – December $1.79
- Mom to Mom Diapers $4.99
- Soft Baked Teddies $3.29
- Organic Beef $4.99
I was able to save the packaging for just about every one of the items. Some how I lost track of the frozen fried rice, ice cream and a few others. But for the most part the images you see in this article are what all the free items look like in one place. Pretty cool!
Since I forgot to save the Very Berry Cheerios and the Organic Doritos I ended up buying these again for the photo shoot. Kind of defeated the purpose of this project to have to buy additional items for a photo shoot, but I really didn’t mind as this are items I’d buy anyway.
I didn’t save the packaging for the Organic Beef so this one is not in the picture. I also forgot to include the diapers in photo shoot. Oh, well lesson learned for 2018, save all the packages.
Sign up for our newsletter. Do it NOW! I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for reading my 2017 Jewel-Osco Saturday Morning Sampler review.
What was your favorite FREE item this year? Please comment and share below.
Thanks again @jewelosco