This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclaimer for more information.
I don’t think it’s any secret that Monopoly is one of my favorite games. It doesn’t matter if I’m playing the Monopoly Board Game The Classic Edition with friends or family.
If I’m playing the now impossible to find Millionaire’s version, or the Monopoly Deal Card Game version.
I love Monopoly and the play of the game.
So when companies start using Monopoly to bring in customers, I’m immediately sold.
Our local grocery store Jewel-Osco started marketing Monopoly a number of years ago. If someone out there knows when this started please comment and share below, because I really don’t remember.
Since I stared playing I’ve never keep track of what I’ve won, nor did I pay particularly close attention to all the pieces of the game. This year was different. Now that I have the blog, I’ve felt compelled to share this with my readers.
Here is a quick summary of my 2017 Jewel-Osco Monopoly Play
( 891 )*** Total number or tickets I played. This is just an estimate. See lesson learned below for explanation.
( 406 )*** 2nd chance online codes entered.
( 267 ) cents off coupons
( 68 ) Total number of instant wins = $104.95*
( 150 ) Fandango Points which equals $5.00 = $75 Fandango Rewards (converted to gifts cards) see my article: How to redeem your Monopoly Jewel-Osco Fandango Rewards for Amazon Gift Cards.
( $5.00 ) Game Board prize
- ( 21 ) One Fresh Donut or Bagel
- ( 6 ) One 100 Count Bottle Signature Care Asprin 325mg
- ( 5 ) One 26 oz container Signature Salt Iodized
- ( 4 ) One Has Large Avocado
- ( 4 ) One 10 oz container Signature Cafe Topped Hummus
- ( 3 ) One Fresh French Bread Loaf
- ( 3 ) One 25 Square feet Signature Home Aluminum Foil
- ( 2 ) One 15.25 oz Can Signature Kitchens Whole Kernal Corn
- ( 2 ) One 1lb or Less Bunch of Bananas
- ( 2 ) One 4.4 oz Package Open Nature Water Crackers
- ( 2 ) One 16 oz Package Safeway or Signature Kitchens Pasta
- ( 2 ) Box Top Bonus
- ( 2 ) One 8 Count Package Safeway or Signature Kitchens Hot Dog Buns
- ( 1 ) One 8 Count Package Safeway or Signature Kitchens Hamburger Buns
- ( 1 ) One 10 Count Package Signature Kitchens Homestyle Waffles
- ( 1 ) One 13.3 oz Package Ferrero Rocher Candy Chocolate
- ( 1 ) One 5.3 oz Container Open Nature Greek Yogurt
- ( 1 ) One 16 oz Container Signature Cafe Salsa Fresca
- ( 1 ) One American Greetings Card
- ( 1 ) One 8 oz Brick Lucerne Cream Cheese
- ( 1 ) One 8 oz Container Lucerne Sour Cream
- ( 1 ) One 32 oz container Lucerne Half and Half
- ( 1 ) One 1.08-2.13 oz single bar 3 Musketeers, Twix, Snickers, Dove, M&Ms, Milky Way, or Mars
My plan is to keep better track of the tickets next year. Since I got a late start on this article, I didn’t think to keep track of every single ticket.
There were some tickets that I just didn’t need so I ended up just tossing a few. Big mistake!, now I don’t have an exact number of how many tickets I actually acquired and played.
There were many people who generously saved or donated their tickets to me. I have no idea how I would track this, since each board game piece could come from multiple tickets. If you are playing you know what I mean, and this could be a nightmare to record and track.
There were many times other customers in line didn’t want their tickets and I stepped up and asked for them. I have no idea who you are, but there were several of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I’m also not going to lie to you, I did notice one un-opened ticket in the trash can, and Yes, I did pick it out.
I also found tickets on the tables at the front of our store and picked these up too.
When I think of the game Monopoly, I think of money and big prizes. I felt the Jewel-Osco game was interesting this year with all the instant wins.
I’m a little less thrilled with the Nickelodeon stuff. Maybe that will change as my son gets older. There were also several other prizes that just didn’t really do anything for me.
One of the restrictions limited you to just one $5 coupon per order per customer. You are not allowed to combine coupons to get a free item. Which is what I would have preferred. Seems silly to just restrict it to one coupon.
This could be improved by using the model from the Fandango Rewards where you can just add them up for the reward, as opposed to just limiting it to one coupon per customer per order. I received several Let Life Bloom $5 coupons I would have been happy to combine to purchase an item, but I’m not going to spend additional money just to use a coupon.
Anyway, I’m looking forward to next year. I’m hoping to get more people to help get me tickets. If you are interested in donating your ticket to me. I’d love to hear from you.
* This does not include the aspirin which they were out of during my visit. I calculated this to be $24.95 to come with a this total.
*** The total number of tickets also includes the Nickelodeon prizes. I didn’t bother keeping track of the following items. They just didn’t seem worth the time for me.
Rouxbe Cooking School, Nickelodeon Digital Activity Books, Vol 1,2,3, Let Life Bloom $5 gift cards, ShutterFly PhotoBooks, Digital Game Boat Across, Oliver’s Labels. I’m missing something else, but as I mentioned they didn’t really do anything for me this year.
Looking for more Monopoly stories? Join was again next year and, sign up for our newsletter. I look forward to hearing from you.
Please comment and share below.